Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rachel just wants my meals to be different. I LOVE the ease of & the fullness I feel with eating eggs. I've been eating eggs for breakfast for 3 weeks. She wants me to stop that. So, okay, I'm going to eat some ground beef & ground turkey & chicken after my workout. Eh.

She also wanted me to switch up my protein shakes. Get another brand. She said I can still do those...Again for the ease at o'dark-thirty & "eating" in the car on the way to the gym. I will begin alternating them with yogurt shakes, too. Just to give myself another option. She also switched my fats. Instead of 1 tsp with every meal I'll have a TBS in the AM of nut butter & a full TBS of oil in the evening. I think I'll do half EVOO & half flax. No particularly reason except that's what I'm thinking.

I have my meals made & am going to switch up my starches a little...Ezekiel bread, yams, & Kashi pilaf this week. No oatmeal. See, I can follow direction. lol

We had a drive-by showing today. A real estate agent screwed up her clients' wish list. They asked to see our house but she booked the one down the street. When they drove past our house they stopped & called. It was 1000 & we had not even gotten dressed yet. The beds weren't made & Erin & Greg had spent the night last night so you can imagine the mess. We let them see the house & explained...This is what lived in looks like. LOL

It was a showing. No offer but a showing.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a bodyrock.tv workout.

3 comments:

Doin the Math said...

I've been eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast for 5 years. Sometimes dinner too. LMAO. That would be a hard one for me to give up. It's the only meal I'm not sick of. Which is strange, considering how often I eat it!

I get "variety". And on paper, I agree with it wholeheartedly. In practice.....sigh....

Wennndy said...

I ate the same thing over and over again during my first contest prep. And then, when I started eating other things, it was hard to stop and now I can live without the taste of balsamic vinegar as it was my go-to flavoring.

I think the variety helps you from going crazy when you start eating normally -- and also helps make sure you get a variety of nutrients and aren't overexposed to possible toxins in your normal food choices.

For instance, remember the study a last year that showed some protein shakes contain small amounts of arsenic? Mixing up your powder choices helps mitigate your exposure. So many things to worry and think about. LOL!

But I'm a huge green bean eater -- frozen, store brand. Every day. I tell myself all the time I need to mix it up, but I like the green beans and they couldn't be easier. And they are cheap. :)

Deb said...

I think that's why LE was so good for me. I learned to cook. I've discovered a bunch of healthy, clean eating websites that have recipes that can be made in bulk & frozen easily. Today, I'm loving www.busygirlhealthylife.com's turkey sausage. I have made a boatload of it & frozen it for my breakfast meals. I eat a ton of green beans & broccoli but have started eating roasted Brussels sprouts. YUM!

I'm frustrated as hell with the scale again. It's back up to 149 today & I haven't eaten anything that I shouldn't. It's all I can do not to just say to hell with it. BUT I WILL NOT. I WILL NOT.

I just finished a great bowl of turkey & veggies. I am going to be 145 on Saturday. I am!

Blog Archive