Sunday, December 5, 2010

John isn't going to get unemployment. Eh. I don't know if he'll appeal or not.

It's been nearly 2 months since anyone has looked at the house. I know it's the season but still it's frustrating. I want to move.

Our trip was really nice. I'm tired of doing it in 4 days though. I think I'm sending John by himself next time. I just hate the running around & his father's apartment is very small & uncomfortable. There is only 1 comfortable chair & then the dinette set. We spent 4 hours there on Thursday. My ass was killing me by the time we left.

I love going to the Cape because when it's just sitting around the house time it's good. It's quiet & it's relaxing. It's dealing with having to go see John's father that wears on me. I can't understand half of what his father says because he slurs his speech; either due to laziness, his French accent, bad dentures or a combination of all 3. I don't know but it doesn't make for pleasant conversation.

Since we got him sober he doesn't hit anymore but he does try to stir up a fight at least twice per visit. This trip it was all about talking about "(our) friend, that black president that got elected." He's such a racist pig. He doesn't know half of what he tries to talk about politically & gets pissed if we try to correct him. Our course of action is to stay on our toes & redirect the conversation to less controversial subjects. It's a pain in the ass.

He's 89-years-old. He has a really hard time moving around now because of pain. They have him on some sort of pain killer that is escaping me but it's not supposed to be addictive. I don't know how much he's supposed to take but he told us yesterday that he took a double dose & felt weird after taking it but that he survived so now he'll take a double dose all the time. Great. Over-dose. Just what we need.

Anyway...

I ate entirely too much fried food--clam strips & French fries. I ate entirely too much clam chowder. I'm bloated & feel greasy today. I can't wait to start eating clean again. lol I didn't drink enough water either. Ugh. I didn't workout at all. Not even a little bit. I'll go back to the gym on Monday & hit it hard.

2 comments:

Wennndy said...

Sounds like you're right in between where you were and where you're going, and there's what appears to be a huge boulder between here and there. I hope it's not really that big though! You guys are smart and something will come your way soon. I just know it.

Vacations happen, and so does "getting back at it." :) Yay!

Doin the Math said...

Ugh. My sister and mom have differing political views, and my sister KEPT trying to have political conversations (aka, fights) with my mom, in my presence, presumably so that I would side with her. I just leave the room, when possible, lol. Regardless, I don't take the bait.

BUT my point is that I know how tiring that is! :( I can feel how long that 4 hours you spent at your FILs was! :(

Good luck with the house! I think I saw on FB you had another showing? Fingers crossed!

Blog Archive