Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weigh in was a complete & total disappointment because I only lost .5 lb. I was soooo sure it was going to be at least 1.5. Eh. Whatever. I'm moving on. Not taking it in but letting it go. It was a loss & for that I should be happy.

The bike ride was AWESOME!!! A total of 34 miles & 3 1/2 hours. We rode 17 miles to a very cool bakery where we ate everything in site! I had a donut & a skone & a couple of bites of an incredible chocolate-espresso cookie. I didn't think about weighing in or anything because I knew I was going to spend another hour or more on my bike--17 miles back. When we got back we walked about 2 1/2 miles & then stopped for a glass of wine. It was a good day with really good company. Though my booty feels like I'm sitting on rocks today. So glad we went & we will be doing it again.

I got on the scale this morning & I found that I only gained .5 lb but I think that's because I didn't drink enough water yesterday -- only had about 12 oz. Not good! I'm slamming water today.

I bought a great over-sized muffin tin today. J & I made 18 mini-crust less egg-white, broccoli, asparagus, & cheese omelet/quiches. We didn't add milk so is it really a quiche? If I had known how much I would love this pan I would have bought 4 of them--2 for me & 2 for E (my DD). I'll pick some more up next week & give 2 to her for her birthday in November.

Next weekend we are going to a wine & blues festival with the same couple we rode bikes with. My parents & daughter & her boyfriend will also be going. We're planning a day of good food--brie & apples & walnuts & (fatty) meats & a spinach salad & wine tasting. I'm bringing a case of water so I don't get dehydrated.

Tonight I'm making sauteed beef in an Indian spinach sauce for dinner. Will give a review tomorrow. It sounds incredibly delish & is again from GN. DD is getting Vol 2 for her birthday. She is digging the recipes I've been sharing with her.

Tomorrow I will be calling a friend that works at our local civilian personnel office to ask her to look into why I haven't had an official job offer. I'm tired of being patient. lol

Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Blog Archive