Sunday, July 18, 2010

Active recovery--sort of

Yesterday I did 12 minutes of interval training using my "fishing pole" in the pool. Holy crap it's hard. Got the heart rate up pretty good.

I am going to Fleet Feet to get my sneakers after church today. As I posted on Wendy's blog I tried on the Under Armor shoes & just wasn't impressed. There was no arch support & very little padding. When I did jump squats & lunges I really felt it in my feet. No wonder her feet hurt when she wears them!

I've been wearing Asics since my first gait analysis before the triathlon I ran. I love the support & cushion but think they are U.G.L.Y. I want cute shoes like so many of my friends can wear. I'm hopeful to find something cute today but will go right back to Asics if they feel the best. U.G.L.Y. or not. lol

Erin & Greg are bringing the cat back to Jayme today. Jayme's pissed off at me because a mutual friend called to ask why Erin couldn't keep him & I told him the truth. This tells me that this has been a problem with the cat & that she wasn't honest with Erin. Not good. Erin wouldn't have taken him if Jayme had been upfront.

I'm excited because they are coming for dinner after dropping the cat. We're having Italian sausage, clams, shrimp, & corn on the cob; all cooked on the grill. YUM YUM YUMMY! This is my reward meal for the week.

I don't know if I have posted this before or not...The gym has been without air conditioning all summer. It's hot as hell in the building. The showers haven't been working right either. It's awful.

Tomorrow I am going to try the gym in my building. It's small. Very small. I'm told that I will be able to do everything I want to do but...we'll see. I know the showers in my building are clean. The crew that cleans is amazing...if I ever forgot my shower shoes I know I could get in without them & not worry.

It's shoulder & back day tomorrow. I'm going to have to do some chin-ups. LOL

No comments:

Blog Archive