Friday, June 11, 2010

Vanity sizing?

I’ve been curious about the sizing of my Lucky jeans.  Today I am convinced that Lucky is in the market of vanity sizing. 

 

I have removed my size 12 jeans from my closet because I’ll be damned if I’m ever going there again.  I have not, however, removed my size 6 Lucky’s from my closet because I was determined that I would not only wear them again but that they would be loose & that I might even need to get size 4s. 

 

Last night when I packed my gym bag I grabbed a pair of jeans & a t-shirt & threw them in the bag.  I wasn’t paying attention to which jeans I pulled…just threw them in. 

 

This morning when I pulled them out of my bag I thought, “Oh crap.  Guess I’ll be sitting with my pants unbuttoned.”  Nope.  They are snug but not so tight that I have to keep them unbuttoned.  That leads me to believe Lucky practices vanity sizing.  Just my thoughts on the subject.

 

Anyway, I had a good, strong workout today.    My abs are pretty sore from my sprints yesterday.  Yay!  I went lighter than I will next time around.  I wasn’t sure about my form on some of the exercises—my snatch (snicker), for example.  I almost asked Ernie to watch me but…Yeah, I must have been smoking this morning.  I’ve watched 3 or 4 different videos & feel like I’m doing them right.  I think I’ll have John record me & post it for your review. 

 

Anyway, here’s how it played out. 

 

DB snatch 4 x 3 @ 20 lbs

DB vertical thrust 4 x 6 @ 20 lbs

DB iron cross 4 x 8 @ 15 lbs

Renegade rows 3 x 4 @ 20 lbs

T-push ups w/weight 3 x 6 @ 5 lbs (I REALLY need to increase on this, I was “afraid” of them).

 

I finished up with 30 minutes on the elliptical where I burned 200 calories according to the machine.  I’ve completed 1212 squats & 56 chin-ups so far (I’ll update my side bar this evening).

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure it's vanity. All the manufacturers do that, plus every time I've gone into a Lucky store they always say to buy the smaller size because "they'll stretch." So, it's all spandex and sneak.

And still, it makes us feel good!

Wennndy said...

Hey! I did that workout on Friday!

Deb said...

It's almost as though we worked out together. Hee hee!

Kim said...

When I get my butt in shape, I'm going to have to give these "Lucky" jeans y'all have a test drive. ;o) Nice workout, Deb.

Laura said...

Yes, Lucky does the vanity sizing, but so does everyone else these days, I think, at least when it comes to jeans and pants. I haven't noticed it as much in dresses and tops, all of which seem to be cut for women with no lats, no delts and very little in the way of boobilage.

Doin the Math said...

Victoria's real Secret is that you need a bigger cup size when you buy their bras.

Blog Archive