The primary purpose of this position is: To perform developmental assignments which are designed to provide the employee, who is serving in an advanced trainee capacity, the knowledge and skill to provide business advice to the customer and perform all pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of contracting methods and types, and to procure complex and/or diversified commodities, services, and/or construction. All training must be completed and regulatory requirements met prior to promotion to the target level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods sufficient to perform procurement functions when the contract actions are well defined and well presented.
2. Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques, and the laws, regulations and precedents governing procurements by this method, to perform developmental assignments. Skill in dealing with others in a work relationship to present information orally and to accomplish a given purpose.
3. Knowledge of formal advertising sufficient to solicit bids to procure a variety of requirements ranging from standard to specialized supplies, services, or construction.
4. Knowledge of report writing techniques to present factual information clearly, write procurement memoranda, and draft contract provisions and supporting documentation.
5. Knowledge of business practices and market conditions as they relate to program and technical requirements sufficient to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
6. Skill in solving practical problems relating to supplies, services, and/or contracting as they relate to the development of specifications or to contract administration involving product quality. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally or in writing.