Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting what you ask for...

I wanted a job that wasn’t as stressful as my previous job.  I wanted a job that didn’t give me nightmares.  I wanted a job that allowed me to fix a broken fingernail should it happen.  I wanted a job that allowed me to take a lunch break.  I got it.

 

I’M BORED OUT OF MY FUCKING MIND!!!  I’m not an office manager…I’m not a secretary…I’m an overpaid receptionist.  All I do is answer the phone & tell people if LtCol L is taking calls.  I have volunteered to do stuff—“no, no, we don’t want to waste your time with that.”  I have asked for work, “yeah, we don’t know what to give to you.”

 

On Tuesday one of the other secretaries asked me if I had, “that information together yet.”  I asked what information she was referring to.  The information for the Honorary Commander.  I told her I have no idea what she is talking about.  She told me that my boss had received an email requesting the information.  So I told her that I would ask him about it but that I don’t have it because he didn’t ask me to get it together for him.  I asked her to forward the email she had so that I could use that as my guide.  She didn’t send it for 5 hours!!!  Really. 

 

When I finally got it I forwarded it to him & asked if he’d like me to compile the info to send to the BIG boss.  His response, “ABSOLUTELY.”  Literally, all caps like that.  He then brought me a document that needed to be retyped because he didn’t have it electronically.  He apologized profusely that I had to waste my time typing something that a lower grade employee should be doing.  I responded, “No sir, this is exactly the kind of thing that you should be giving to me & not wasting YOUR time with.”  He said, he didn’t want to bore me. 

 

Seriously?  Please, bore me, it’s better than sitting here with nothing to do.  Yes, I responded that way.  He laughed and walked away.  WTF???It’s not like I’m making minimum wage to sit here.  I’m making decent money for NJ but FUCKINGFABULOUS money for what I’m doing.  I just don’t get it. 

 

Anyway, the gym was hot as hell.  I don’t know why they haven’t put some air on yet.  On top of being too hot, I forgot my water bottle so I had to drink sips from the fountain.  I know I didn’t drink enough.

 

Kimberly was back.  She rocks with weights & is a good spotter! I was a little nervous that she wouldn’t be able to tell when I needed help or if she could she wouldn’t know what to do.  I increased incline DB presses to 30 lbs today.  On my last rep of my last set I started to struggle.  She got her hands right under my elbows & just guided me.  Yay for Kimberly!

 

Today was chest & arms:

 

BB Bench – 75 lbs for 4 sets/80 for 1

Incline DB press – 25 for 1 set/30 for 4

BB curls – 45 for 2 sets/35 for 2

Dips – ankles crossed with a 10 lb plate on my lap – thinking about putting my feet UP on a bench next time or doing them on the dip station

DB curls – 20 for 1 set/15 for 4

BB skull crushers – 45 for 2 set/35 for 3 sets

 

I finished with the following interval for 2 cycles

 

60 seconds squats with a knee lift

30 seconds push-ups (on my knees)

60 seconds side lunges with a toe touch

30 seconds mountain climbers

60 seconds jump ropes

30 seconds burpees

60 seconds leg lifts

30 seconds side lunges

 

I finished up with 15 minutes on the arc trainer. 

 

I have my low protein lunch packed.  I’ve lost 1 lb so far this week.  Yay!

3 comments:

stacey said...

That must be so frustrating! Balance is truly key in any job situation. Too much to do or too little to do and it is not good!

As always you are rocking the workouts!

Doin the Math said...

Looked like a nice little BodyRock circuit there at the end. I let her torture me yesterday.

My gym is too hot too!

Why low protein?

Deb said...

Sandi--its not really "low" protein but Wendy had me on a plan where I eat 23 grams per meal one day, 25 the next, & 28 on day 3. Today was a 23 gram day; thus, low.

Yeah, that was a BodyRock circuit. I was supposed to do 3 or 4 circuits but couldn't get it done because I thought I was going to puke it was so hot in the gym. And I had one of the fans blowing on me. I swear it was 80 in there!

Blog Archive