Monday, May 17, 2010

The empty nest

I can’t believe how quiet the house is.  Erin never made that much noise to begin with but the house feels different.  I am finding that it is hard to think that she won’t be coming home every night anymore.  I don’t have to keep the cell phone close to the bed for those calls about being out after 2—she called if she was going to be out because she was always home before 1 (of her own accord).  I don’t have to leave lights on for her at night anymore. 

 

Erin did come home to go to church and pick up some more of her stuff.  After we got her little car loaded down she & I went to the produce stand.  It was the first time she did grocery shopping for her own home.  I almost cried while standing in line. 

 

We were talking about getting her things together & she said she was bringing all of her clothes because she didn’t know what she would need while “staying there.”  I asked her why she was saying that as opposed to just taking her stuff.  She told me that SHE is having a hard time thinking about being grown up. 

 

All these little things have brought home the reality of my daughter being on her own.  I’m so proud of her!

 

Got up this morning & hit the gym.  I heavied up on back—I love feeling strong!!!  Then I did 45 minutes on the elliptical.  I put my tension at level 5 & ran at a decent clip.  I found that I had a hard time getting my heart rate above 135 (my average was 134).  I need to do better than that, I think.

 

My food is looking like this…

 

Coffee

EAS Myoplex Lite

 

Steel cut oats (1 c cooked)

1 c Greek yogurt

½ c berries

2 Splenda

Sugar free vanilla syrup (not measured)

Lg DD coffee with skim milk

 

3.2 oz grilled chicken

1 c broccoli

Balsamic glaze not measured

 

2.8 oz tuna

2 c spinach

1 Lavash sheet

 

¾ c cottage cheese

½ c berries

Sugar free vanilla syrup

 

Dinner is going to be

 

Steak (will measure it for low protein day)

1/3 c Kashi pilaf

Grilled mixed vegetables (1 c)

1 comment:

Wennndy said...

Awwww .... hugs on missing Erin. :-(

Blog Archive