Saturday, October 17, 2009

typed in word for later posting...

I posted earlier that I need to up the intensity in my workouts. I am listening to my body—it’s sore & not necessarily in a good way. I know that means that I may have overdone it but I also know that means that my workouts at home (in the gym) have been lacking. I’ve got to find a happy medium.

I know I need to concentrate more on what I am doing & less on chatting with Leanne. I know that when I'm distracted I don't lift as heavy as I can. I don't even listen to music when I'm alone & I am getting through the workouts faster & heavier.

I’m really happy with where I am physically. I’ve gotten to a point where I don’t worry about the scale anymore. I still get on it every morning but I’m wearing a loose size 8 & size 6 in Lucky Jeans. I never thought I would see that. Ever. It makes me really happy.

Even while I’ve been on vacation I haven’t worried about what is happening with the scale. I’ve eaten clean for the most part but have indulged in some popcorn, wine, & cheese. Tonight we are going out. I might even have some desert. Because I can.

I’m looking forward to getting home & getting back into my normal routine, for the next week anyway. Then I have two weeks in Alabama. I’m excited but also want to get it done. I don’t like being out of my routine. I’m a creature of habit. I need routine.

I posted that the fitness center at the condo is like a dungeon. It really is dark & dingy & the equipment is rusted out & noisy as hell. But what makes it even worse is the old people that come in there. I was in there the other day with the TV on. I wasn't really watching it but I was the only person in the gym. This old dude (I'm talking 70+) comes in, picks up the TV remote & changes the channel without a word. Then promptly gets on one of the machines with his back to it. I was like, WTF? I am in here & maybe I was watching that. Fucker.

The next day I was on one of the two treadmills just starting my cardio session. Next to me is the same grumpy old man. He's been on it for like 20 minutes. This old woman walks in, looks around, walks out, comes back in, comes over to me & says, "you gonna be much longer?" I said, "I just got started & planned on doing 40 minutes." She turned around & walked out. Didn't even ask the old guy how long he was going to be.

WTF?

My condo is attached to a country club. The club is where the fitness center is. I know my age screams "time sharer" but we've owned the condo for more than 25 years. It's not like we don't come up there every year.

If I'm going to tell the bad I should also tell the good. On Thursday I was alone again. The TV was not on & I was kicking ass doing eccentric pull ups. An old guy comes in & asks if he can turn on the TV for back ground noise while WE work out. Sure, it won't bother me at all. After he warms up with some stretching he begins lifting some serious weights. In between sets he says to me, "you're not from around here are ya?" I laughed, "no, sir, I'm a time sharer."

"Oh," he says, "I thought so. You're much too attractive to be from around here & I've never seen you before."

Made me laugh because I couldn't decide if he was just making conversation or trying to pick me up. LOL At least he was nice.

No comments:

Blog Archive