Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lilies, lilies, lilies

I took off from work last Friday & helped a "mother-type" friend dig up & split her lilies.  For my efforts I brought home a TRUNK LOAD of different types of day lilies.  They are supposed to be reds, yellows, & peaches.  I just tossed them all into the trunk of my car willy-nilly.  

Over the last few days I have been planting.  And planting.  And planting.  I still have tons to plant.  

I also bought 72 oriental lilies.  Stargazers, Tom (something), Cassandras, Dizzy, and some other such variety.  I've planted those in the back by our shed in a 12 x 12 dirt patch.  I still have tons of space back there.  Next year I'll buy more & fill it up.  I am hoping that because the patch is a little more dry & not in direct sunlight that they will come up better than the ones on the side of the house (that hardly flower at all).  

Didn't get out to run today.  Work got away with me.  I hope to get out tomorrow.  The 10 miler is only 10 days away.  I won't be running the entire thing, I don't reckon.  But whatever.

No comments:

Blog Archive