Here's the plan for Sunday-Wednesday.
- Eat 5 meals over the course of the day.
- Limit carb intake by avoiding all starches, sugars, and colourful fruits and veggies. [In other words, the only carbs you'll eat will be "green and white" veggies such as leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, celery, green beans etc.]
- Eat 1 serving of lean protein per meal (equivalent to either 20g of protein for women or 40g of protein for men).
- Include fats amounting to 0.5 g/lb of body weight (BW), divided amongst your meals. [Keep it simple: estimate your total fat intake for the day by dividing your body weight by two. Then just spread this amount out over the day.]
- Drink 1 gallon (4L) of water [it's easiest to fill up a gallon jug and just sip from it all day until it's gone]. (I go up to 1.5 to 2 gallons on Tuesday)
- Add the same or slightly more salt than usual to your food.
They only give us two days out so I know that Monday I'll do this resistance workout:
|(1a) Barbell bench press||4||8-10||:45|
|(1b) Bent-over barbell row||4||8-10||:45|
|(2a) Barbell overhead press||4||8-10||:45|
|(2b) Dumbbell Romanian deadlift||4||8-10||:45|
|(3a) Barbell curl||4||8-10||:45|
|(3b) Barbell triceps extension||4||8-10||:45|
|(4a) Kneeling rope cable crunch||4||8-10||:45|
|(4b) Standing calf raise||4||8-10||:45|
I'm a little nervous but think I can do this. I'm re-feed for Saturday & Sunday after I take my pictures & then going back on the program to lose these last 10 lbs. It's time to do it.
As for my workouts--I think I'm going to do one of the programs from PN. I'm leaning toward Krista Schaus' Next Level or John's Body Transformation. The Body Transformation program is VERY similar to the workouts I've been doing so I may go for the Next Level.
I've got all the tools. I am finally putting them to work. I've maintained my initial loss, now I need to finish it.
Came back to add:
So far here's what I've got--I will eat the same things over & over cuz it's easier to get a plan down...I need 75 grams of fat based on my bodyweight. I'll take 20 fish oil capsules to get me up to that fat level...4 per meal.
1 c Fage 0% yogurt to get to 20 grams of protein I have to eat a full cup & I only have fat free in the house so that's what I'm gonna eat. I don't know what kind of vegetable I'll eat...I'm leaning toward green beans.
3 egg whites/1 whole cooked fritata style with onions, mushrooms, & spinach w/1/4 c cheddar cheese--20 gram protein , 10 grams of fat
Large salad with olive oil vinegarette 1 tbsp evoo=13.5 grams of fat
Tuna (2.25 oz = 20 grams protein & 2 grams of fat)
Dinner will be a toss up because my husband will do the cooking.
It will include chicken, center-cut pork loin, ground turkey & a vegetable of some sort--a salad w/evoo will be added
When I get to the starch days I'll eat the same proteins & substitute vegetables for sweet potatoes, butternut & acorn squash.
If I stick to this plan I will probably drop a bunch of body fat...I wonder if I could do it for 2 weeks...