Friday, January 14, 2011

1 cup of water

I’m pretty sure my calories are around 1100.  I haven’t really tracked them but 5 meals of 20 grams of protein & yesterday was 150 grams of starchy carbs today is 300 grams.  Monday through Wednesday was no starch but green or white (zucchini or cucumbers) vegetables.  I only had about 1/3 of the coffee I usually drink.  We were given the green light to have coffee yesterday but not today.  I have a screaming headache & my muscles ache.  I’m super tired & having trouble concentrating on anything.  I’m trying really hard not to be snappy.   

I have decided to take Saturday & Sunday as recovery days & hit it again hard on Monday with the rotation diet Wendy laid out for me last year rather than a flat out carb rotation.  It’s a low, a moderate, & a higher calorie day.  It rotates not just the carb intake but also the protein intake.  I’ve got my meal planner all set up so it’s going to be really easy to figure out my meals.  I’m excited about eating sweet potatoes & butternut squash & brown rice & Ezekiel bread on a regular basis.  Maybe I’m just looking forward to real meals after this week.  LOL

I am going to cut out eating so much yogurt.  I didn’t see or feel that much of a difference in my stomach this week but have found that I am so much more satisfied eating frittatas.  Maybe I’ll eat yogurt as a mid-day snack rather than breakfast. 

I can’t wait to get back in the gym.  It’s only been 2 days but I miss the feel of the weights & the burn of my lungs when I’m pushing on the arc trainer. 

 

 

2 comments:

stacey said...

Wow. This all sounds so intense. The sudden caffeine withdrawal would be so hard. You are doing great, Deb!

Wennndy said...

I wish they had warned you ahead of time so you could have gotten ready for it.

Blog Archive