Thursday, July 1, 2010

Be Your Own Gym

Have you read this?  I’ve been toying with the idea of going completely weight free for a while & doing just Zuzana’s workouts.  She talked about the book on her site so I bought the Kindle version (hell, it was $8).

 

PLEASE don’t think I’m putting all that much stock into her “advice.”  In fact, beyond getting her plans off her site I don’t listen to her at all. 

 

I am considering experimenting with doing just body weight workouts for the next month.  Just to see what happens.

 

SWITCH TOPICS

 

What are you reading?  What is on your Kindle, iBook, Nook?  I need a good book!!!!

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this on Facebook, but "Still Alice" is excellent.

I think changing things up is a good thing - keep it fresh, reinvigorate yourself, etc. I will be interested to see your results!!

BTW, are you going to be able to meet up next week, do you think? It's ok if you don't want to come that far - we can hook up another time.

Doin the Math said...

Personally, I think bodyweight training can be extremely effective for reshaping the body. Especially when you're doing a lot of plyo and power.

Naturally, the advantage to lifting weights/adding a load, is the development/maintenance of strength. So how strong do you want or need to be? I need to be able to pick up my dirt bike off the ground, and I FREAKING LOVE grabbing the 50 pound bag of dog food that is as big as me and not using a cart in Walmart. The looks on peoples' faces...you would think it was a 200 pound bag. lol. That's my vanity lift right there. LMAO!

Blog Archive