Monday, May 24, 2010

dumb dog!

Roxi had been doing really well until last night.  She developed diarrhea and kept me awake getting up & down all night.  By 4:00 she had quit running but I planned calling the vet when they open at 10:00.  However, at 5:30 when my alarm went off the 2nd time (because there was no way I was going to the gym this morning) she wouldn’t move.  I mean would.not.move.  I gave her a little shove, she didn’t even lift her head though her eyes were open & she was looking at me.  I tugged her front legs & nothing.  I ran & grabbed my phone, started crying hysterically & called John.  I wanted him home if she was going to die on me.  He said he was going to turn around & I hung up.  I had to pee so bad I couldn’t call the vet immediately.  I was sitting on the toilet with the door open & heard the familiar thud of a dog jumping off the bed.  I thought it was Romeo because he was up & down during this period. 

 

NOOOOOOOO It was Roxi.  She trotted past the bathroom door, must have made it to the top of the stairs before realizing I was in the bathroom, & turned around to come back.  She peeked into the bathroom & shook her behind at me.  Her eyes were bright & seemed to say, “what the hell is wrong with you, woman?  I’m fine.”  Bitch! 

 

She went outside to pee; came back in for a drink of water but wouldn’t eat breakfast.  I put the not eating off to having had an upset stomach all night.  Then she went back to bed (her normal routine).  When I was ready to leave for work I called her to get in her crate & she came scampering down as though nothing strange had happened this morning. 

 

I am still going to call the vet because the swelling has not changed at all.  I don’t know if I should give it a couple more days or if I should bring her in to have them drain it.  I’ll let them tell me if I should be worried…okay, I’m worried.

 

My boss & Director of Ops just walked in all sweaty from their workout.  I laughed at them & told them they looked hot.  LtCol L laughed & said they were playing “ultimate foosball” (I thought you played that on a table).  The DO replied…”Thank you.”  I swear I wasn’t hitting on them.  LOL

 

I am going to try to get a cardio workout in when I get home tonight—do a BodyRock workout.  They’re hard but quick.  It depends on how tired I am.  I am going to go to the lake & take a nap at lunch so hopefully I’ll be energized enough to move later.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope Roxi is okay. I'd be worried too, but then that's what I do. I guess we're a couple of Worrier Princesses. Hopefully the vet will say everything is fine--keep us posted.

I know what you mean about wanting that magic bullet. I'm the same way. I think most of us are. Actually I KNOW most of us are.

Blog Archive