Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The waiting is the hardest part

My boss came into my office today; plopped herself down in the chair across from me and asked, "So, when are you leaving?" Didn't say, "good morning," "kiss my ass," "fuck you," but, "so, when are you leaving?" Tracy was in the office & was so highly offended by the way she handled this inquiry that Tracy got up & walked out.

I made a really petty decision right then & there. When I am finally officially notified of the selection I am going to tell our Group Commander & let it trickle down to her. I'm not telling her. She's a fucking bitch that can suck my dick.

Okay so I don't have one but if I did...

Nothing is going to happen between now & the first of the year. A lot of offices are on minimal manning--meaning the active duty military are working alternate work schedules--they are off this week or next week but won't work both holiday weeks. Civilian personnel is run by both AD & civilians. The civilians pick up the slack for the AD people that are off and we will like it.

It's going to be a long few weeks.

3 comments:

RM said...

Ugh. I don't blame you at all.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am going to buck the trend here and tell you I disagree with that strategy. :D (Don't hate me!!) I TOTALLY agree that she sounds like a total beyotch and isn't worthy of your consideration. HOWEVER! My experience in the world of work is that you NEVER KNOW who is going to be the next opportunity for you, and you NEVER KNOW who they might talk to, and you NEVER KNOW how the way you behave at this moment might make or break you a few years down the road. It's better, albeit a lot less satisfying, to take the high road when it comes to your career.

Just saying. I blew a couple of things for myself by living in the moment and taking a very short look at the future. Hopefully you can learn something from my pain. :D

LizN said...

Hmm, I know that feeling. I told my employer to "f" off and walked out on Monday. I'm unemployed and a non clean eater!

Have a great Christmas,
Liz N

Blog Archive