Friday, September 25, 2009

GOAL!

'm tired of my job. It's very emotionally draining. I love what I do & most of the time the people I work with. However I deal with so many emotionally charged situations I'm getting burnt. I can't even begin to write about how bad this week has been; emotionally. The link I posted on facebook was for one of my patients. He is the second such case I've had in a year. That isn't even the worst of it. I can deal with the criminal aspect-"don't talk to me about your legal troubles & we will get along just fine." It's dealing with really sick people. I get emotionally involved. It sucks to get to know people - and we do in this job because we work with them for months - knowing that they are losing their jobs. I mean, it's good that the military provides for those that are truly disabled so that they do get continued medical care but still.

Anyway, I'm tired & burning out.

On to happier news.I hit my first goal. I weighed in at 145 yesterday. I'm going to maintain this through the holidays. If I lose I lose but I will not gain any back. After the holidays I might try to drop another 10 just to see what 135 looks like but I want to maintain at 140. I really don't
think 135 is going to look healthy but we'll see. I think at 140 I'll be able to see a 6 pack.

My workouts are kicking butt! I had to work out alone today but knowing that I am watched (being one of 2 girls that lifts weights I am watched) makes me pump up the volume. I show them I am not afraid to lift heavy & get sweaty. Today was a total body day. I did the 8 sets of 8 from April followed by tabata (8 rounds of 20/10). I was drenched by the time I went in to stretch. I can now wrap my hands around the bottoms of my feet from the sides & my wide split is getting wider.

OH OH OH, I saw my hamstrings for the first time today. I wanted to just stand & look at them; they are so pretty. I've never had such fabulous looking legs. My hip bones have made an appearance, too. They peek out every now & again. LOL

I wore a completely inappropriate outfit to work today-Victoria's Secret terry lounge pants & hoodie jacket. I'm that confident in how I look. Thanks to the programs Wendy has been supplying my ass is looking FOINE!

My blog I can be conceited if I want to.

Erin is starting to decompress from her busy summer. She has started finding time to exercise again. I put all of my workouts in a notebook & she has been picking through them & using www.netflix.com to do exercise videos! Too funny. Yesterday she did Self Bikini Ready workout & did 3 chin-ups. Her booty is bouncing right back from the "secretary spread" that she was beginning to develop. Oh to be young & have a quick responding body again. LOL

5 comments:

stacey said...

Go Deb! I am so happy for you. I think you should brag about it even more. Believe me when I hit goal, I am going to be completely unbearable + dress like the skanky mom Marie complained about at her kid's soccer game last week. Just for a week or two. : )

You have done such a great job and you are a complete inspiration.

Deb said...

What I didn't say was that I had a conversation with one of my docs today...He said my facebook inspires him. I told him I'm down 20 lbs since last August (or there about). He said, yeah, he's noticed. Noticed a lot. He said that if we didn't have such a nice working relation relationship he would say things that are completely inappropriate. I laughed & try to get him to tell me but he wouldn't. He's 15 years younger than me! Yep, I wanted to play cougar for 30 seconds today. Then remembered that things are good here at home & I don't want to screw that up.

Anonymous said...

Deb, you are so inspiring! I am so so so happy for you! xoxo

PS: I don't mind suburban crack moms as long as they're part of the posse! mwah!

Wennndy said...

Way to go Deb!!! You have been working so hard .... And it is really hard work to change your body. Your discipline and desire are inspiring.

I'm posting from the iPhone so it's hard to write more but I just LOVE how you have been attacking your workouts, especially since your visit. I think seeing how truly strong you are inside and out was just what you needed! Now that you've met this goal in such a healthy way, and have seen what you are capable of, you see that you can do just about anything!

Doin the Math said...

Ditto to everyone else, plus a big YOU ROCK! :)

Blog Archive