Saturday, July 11, 2009

Failed to mention

You will notice I didn't blog on the 6th. My diet took a major hit. I had a cupcake with mounds of butter cream icing. It was DELISH! After eating I couldn't keep my hands out of the chocolate dishes around the clinic.

I should have made that my treat day.

Nope.

Yesterday I had a tall java chip frappucino AND cracker jack at the game.

I'm not beating myself up. Really. Just confessing & saying I know why the scale doesn't move. It was moving. In the right direction. I'm currently hovering between 148 & 151. These binges would be why.

Back on track today. I'm going to ride my bike to the produce stand today & get a full 40 minute steady state cardio workout in.

Total change of subject.

Someone please tell me why the media is still so fixated on the death of a pedophile two full weeks after his death? I can't even watch the morning shows (about the only television I watch) without seeing at least two stories about it. I'm so tired of hearing about how we've lost an icon.

I agree that he was talented but he hasn't done anything since the courts were paid off to find that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. Maybe his comeback would have done well or maybe not. We'll never know & quite frankly I don't care.

Can we please just let it go?

And then I realize that even my little rant here is giving credence to the publicity he is still getting. le sigh.

3 comments:

Wennndy said...

I agree about MJ, Deb. It's sick and embarrassing and I don't understand it, not one bit.

Laura said...

He was a genius musician, choreographer and entertainer, and a deeply flawed human being. I'm sad he suffered, and even sadder that he evidently was not able to break the cycle of abuse.

And I really do not understand why the news media are still so obsessed with the tragedy of his life and death, although in all honesty I think it's more interesting and newsworthy than the demise of Jon and Kate's marriage.

Doin the Math said...

With ya. Sick of it too. I deleted a FaceBook friend over it...a cousin I don't really know...because she couldn't quit defending him and I got sick of reading it in her status updates, LOL.

Blog Archive