Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4

I have a dentist appointment this morning. Yuck. I forget if it's 11:15 or 11:45 so I have to call later--and they called me last night. DOH!

After my appointment I am going to do the workout I was supposed to do but couldn't get the energy up to do. On top of PMS I'm probably fighting something. John came home from work with a nasty, nasty cold. He slept in his recliner due to the constant sneezing.

I will also do 40 minutes on the elliptical. I have a movie to watch so I should stay entertained. It's a girlie movie but it's a movie.

If you followed me on facebook yesterday you know I have a bunch of turkey meatballs & shrimp cooked up. Yummy meal planning is ensuing.

I decided not to get my hair colored at all right now. I'm going to wait 2 more weeks. Trying to extend the budget a little & I get my bonus then.

Erin has gotten 3 freelance jobs! She's doing a picture for a woman I work with; a flyer for her 8th grade science teacher (whom she ran into at Staples last week); and she's been asked to bring our church logo up to date.

Erin & I have to go to the bank today. Her last tuition payment is due. Rather than take another $2k in student loans we're cashing in some savings bonds that John's parents bought for her for college when she was little. We have about $2k in face value that have not matured yet but won't do so for SEVERAL more years. We're taking advantage of using them for tuition & not paying the taxes on them.

And to bring you up to date on John's employment status...they were told on Tuesday that the company has been granted a 6 month extension on their contract. He has employment secured through next March. He's still looking for something else.

2 comments:

stacey said...

You must be so proud of Erin.

RM said...

That is so awesome about Erin!

And I'm glad to hear that John's employment situation is stable for a few more months at least. Job hunting blows chunks.

Re: the eating thing. Go back and read your blog from a few weeks ago about embracing this new way of eating. It's ok to slip up once in a while. Just remember why you are doing this.

(Turkey meatballs sound wonderful!)

Blog Archive