Thursday, June 25, 2009

Annapolis calling

John is going. He's going to commute. It's a long freaking commute.

Workout info: eating well but not really working out. I'm going to start hitting it really hard on Saturday. I just haven't had the energy this week.

Came back to add...

The book signing was fun. We got to Barnes & Noble at about 5:45--the signing started at 6:00. We bought our books & our wrist bands. We were told we would need to come back & get in line at 9:00. We went to Cheesecake Factory (across the parking lot) for dinner. I ordered the chicken burrito. I think they waived the chicken over the rice the tortilla was STUFFED with. I didn't eat that much.

Anywhoodles...we went back at 8:45 to find out that we had a long wait still. So we read trashy magazines (Star, Us, Entertainment Weekly) & caught up on the stars.

Finally at 11:00 we got our books signed & came home. Leaving the store, Leanne said, "so that's it. How anti-climatic." We had a good laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, is he going to do the drive daily? How far is that for you guys?? (I only ask because long commutes totally suck. You do adjust but it is a lot of sacrifice.)

And I know just where you were getting your book signed!!! :-)

Laura said...

How long a commute will John have? Ugh ... obviously I'm glad he's got a good job offer, and hopefully he'll like the work, but that commute sounds brutal! Will telecommuting a couple days a week be an option?

Blog Archive