Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

While it isn't really rain it is cloudy, humid, & just plain gross. I want to get out in the sun. I just learned that I may be a tanerexic. LOL

We've learned that having Serge transferred will take more time than we thought. It can take as long as 10 days to get the "evaluation" completed. It's just been a week so we expect to hear something early this week. If the facility doesn't take him, we're back to square one. Not a good thing given his propensity for aggression. Facilities that take patients like him are few & far between.

As for my mood...I think I do need to take some time to just chill. We've been through a lot this year--the separation, the idiot fat boy (LMAO, Marie) reconciliation, building the deck, work stress, my surgery, Serge...I'm wiped out just reading that list & thinking about what each thing entailed. That said, I am planning some time in August. I know it's a way off but it is the soonest that I'm going to be able to really CHILL.

I've got a trip to San Antonio for sure during the last full week of July. Then there is a possibility that I'll be going to Reno during the first full week of August. I'm waiting to hear about that trip.

The trip in August would be a really great experience. I would be a part of creating new Air Force policy for the disability process. It's too complicated to type out right now but suffice it to say it would put some common sense into the process. I would be responsible for the program changes & have pointed that out to our leadership in an effort to get them to allow me to go. I hope to find out some time next week.

I'm not taking anything heavy-duty for pain--just motrin when it gets "really bad." As for the anti-d's; not taking them anymore. I didn't like how they made me feel--headaches & joint pain. My doc said that wasn't the meds but if I didn't take it, I felt fine. Take a dose & UGH.

On the workout front...I did HIIT yesterday. Felt great. Today I'm doing a bodyweight TT workout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, are you doing the TT rotation? I've heard great things about it. I played with the idea for a while but then nixed it because I'm not always good when left to my own devices. :-)

Hope the weather improves....

Deb said...

Yeah, I'm doing the 4 week beginner workout right now. But I'm also going to add running, biking, & swimming to the workouts. I'm staring to train for my first 1/2 marathon in September.

And I need to get the eating under control. I don't have good genes & I think they are catching up with me. Dammit. So I have to eat clean more than 80% of the time...mostly all the time & I don't.

Blog Archive