Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CLEARED!

No more formal physical therapy for me. I've been declared DONE. My therapist said he would call my range of motion full even though I have some discomfort with some movements. I'm told it could take up to a year for that to go away. When my shoulder is good & warmed up, I don't have any pain with most movement.

I asked, "what should I ABSOLUTELY not do? Can I begin doing push-ups???" He told me that so long as I don't attempt to do diamond push-ups right from jump. Yeah, um, no thanks. Little girl pushups on my knees, thank you very much. I did 2 sets of 10 tonight!

I did my first weighted workout in months. I didn't use anything more than an 8 lb dumbbell. I felt like a freakin' weenie. But I know I have to start slowly & listen to my shoulder.

Right now it feels awesome.

Tonight was NROL4W Phase 1, A. It looked like this:

Squats 2 x 15 8 lb dumbbells
Push-ups 2 x 10
Cable rows 2 x 15 10 lbs
Step-ups 2 x 15 5 lb dumbbells
Prone jackknife (on the ball) 5/8

I finished with a nice range of motion circuit for both of my shoulders.

Good night, Irene.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord, you went for jackknives right out of the gate??? You, my friend, are wonder woman!

Deb said...

And this morning my shoulder feels better than it has since the injury. Go figure!

Wennndy said...

Yay!!!!!! Good for you.

:)

Blog Archive