Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Convalescent care

John's sister is moving their father to a nursing home. His mental health has been deteriorating very rapidly over the last few months. On Tuesday a social worker from the Council on Aging visited him & called Christine to tell her that Serge is a danger to himself & needs to be placed in 24-hr care now.

Christine is completely stressed. She has been moving toward doing this for a few weeks but was looking at assisted living. The social worker told her that would be a tremendous mistake.

Christine is dealing with 2 children under the age of 10, her father, & her in-laws who are in much the same condition. I feel sorry for her.

We have so much to do to get this done. Serge has a greyhound that is aging as well. He adopted Max a few years ago. Serge has said that Max has kidney trouble but we don't know for sure if it's kidney trouble or that he isn't allowed to get out & pee often enough. My bet is the latter--Serge lives in an apartment & doesn't walk the dog enough. We're going to need to place the dog ASAP.

I'm going to be a complete non-help with my wonky arm. I don't even want to be responsible for watching the kids while John & Christine run around. If something should happen to them, I'd be at a complete loss.

This sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I think you should take it easy and not worry about working out until your body has healed.

And I'm sorry about John's father. That must be really tough. ((hugs))

Blog Archive