Sunday, January 6, 2008

The weekend is over. Boo!

The "date" was nice. We talked about the hard stuff as well as fun stuff. Mostly I got a little tipsy & blabbed about people from work. I like the people I work with so it was good stuff. Fun stuff. We watched "Bourne Ultimatum" and I can't remember how it ended.

This afternoon I went over to finish my laundry (he lets me do laundry there) & then we took our book & went to Barnes & Noble for coffee. There we talked about the really hard stuff. Then spent the afternoon napping in front of the playoff games & putting 2 puzzles together.

Funny aside about the puzzles...we have always liked finding really tough puzzles. Last week we found 2 that have a lot of snow & blue sky in them; each consisting of 1,000 pieces. John thought it would be fun to mix the 2 puzzles together & see what happens. The result??? Next to nothing getting done on either puzzle because we can't differentiate the snow from one puzzle to the next. LOL

When John & I are doing our "counseling" exercises I have a really hard time believing his responses. I've watched him say the right things for so long & known that he was full of shit that now I don't know if I believe what he is saying. I hate that feeling.

I go for my MRI with arthrogram tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect from the arthrogram part. When I booked the appointment I was told that I MUST have someone to drive me home or they will not do the "procedure." WTF? I have been told by my docs that it's just a dye injection but WTF??? John is driving me.

It's interesting that the closer I get to going to see an orthopedist the more my shoulder hurts. I lifted a bag of laundry today & thought I was going to cry. I'm going to ask for pain meds tomorrow because I'm starting to wake up in pain in the middle of the night. Fortunately it mostly just aches during the day.

Here are todays questions from "This isn't the life..."

Read Genesis 50:15-21
15 When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back for all the wrongs we did to him?" 16 So they sent word to Joseph, saying, "Your father left these instructions before he died: 17 'This is what you are to say to Joseph: I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and the wrongs they committed in treating you so badly.' Now please forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father." When their message came to him, Joseph wept.

18 His brothers then came and threw themselves down before him. "We are your slaves," they said.

19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

Why do you think Joseph wept when he received the message from his borthers?

I think Joseph wept because he was so relieved that his brothers wanted to reconcile.

What is the significance of Joseph's rhetorical question in verse 19?

Only God can truly judge a person's intention. (interesting that I would say this after having just commented on John's intentions when we talk through our counseling)

How can you apply his perspective in verse 20 to your daily experience?

Life hands out all kinds of trials. Those things that come our way & cause turmoil are meant to teach us God's grace & mercy for us. Unfortunately most times it's hard to see the good God intends when we are in the midst of trouble.

That said, I should try to remember God intends all things for my good & have a more positive outlook on things as they occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The puzzles would make me insane. I love puzzles, too, BUT only the ones there's actually a chance I can complete. :-) My current faves are Josh's new Pokemon series, which feature all of 100 pieces in each!

I'm glad you are working through your issues. ((hugs))

Blog Archive