Saturday, January 5, 2008

In all of this...

I am starting to enjoy being on my own. Even if it's temporary (& I really do hope it is). I've spent the day just doing stuff that makes me happy. I haven't done much but I've been happy.

I've been tired so today was a much needed rest. My "home" is clean & neat. I made chicken cacciatore in the crockpot & am sitting down to a nice little dinner.

Later, John is coming to pick me up & take me for a drink. Hmm, wonder if he is going to try to ply me with alcohol. LOL Then we're going to come back here to watch a movie.

I'm looking forward to the "date." I'm going to break out the flat iron & straighten my hair. I'm going to wear my favorite jeans & a pair of boots. I'm going to put make-up on!

Interesting observation...John is shrinking. I was talking to him last night, standing next to him & realized he is shorter than I! Significantly. He was an inch taller than me when we got married. This is a little disconcerting. I'm married to an old, shrinking man. I have a hard time reconcilining that in my brain.

3 comments:

Wennndy said...

Hope your date went well.

FWIW, most guys our age are wrinkly, old, and shrinking. LOL! I was shocked when I saw my old boyfriend a couple weeks ago. He is a middle-aged man! And D is too.

TracyB said...

Deb, I'm glad to hear that you are getting comfortable with being alone. I think that's a great sign :)

Anonymous said...

How was the "date"??

Blog Archive