Tuesday, March 29, 2011

UGH! So I made this decision & immediately fell into poor food choices. Self-sabotage. ABSOLUTELY. It stops right here.

I can't believe I haven't posted about this but went back & confirmed...Here at the details of the offer on the house:

As you know we are asking $285k. Seller offered $265k, requesting my 4 year old, $2500 refrigerator, my $4k front load washer/dryer combo, a to be installed garbage disposal, paint the front & garage door, AND $5000 toward their VA funding fee (which can be rolled into their mortgage by the way).

Our realtor advised that if they are asking for the funding fee they probably need it. My response, "then they shouldn't have been looking at homes priced this high. They are insulting with their shitty offer."

We counted: $280k, the refrigerator, no washer/dryer combo, no garbage disposal, we would paint the doors (we have the paint & are just waiting for good weather), and the funding fee. Or $275k, the frige, the paint, no funding fee (works out the same).

They called back & asked a bunch of questions on Saturday. Called with more questions on Sunday. Dragged us into today before our realtor finally got the call that they "just can't afford it."

As I said to our realtor on Saturday, "if they can't afford the closing costs, they need to look at less expensive homes." Fuckers.

My opinion? Do a search on Realtor.com in the 08054 zip code for homes in the $250-$290 price range. Our home is right at the top. Look at the pictures of the homes listed. IMHO none comes close to ours. I know I'm biased but I truly believe it.

Eh. It is what it is. I'll rest better tonight.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hang in there. Your buyer's out there.

Doin the Math said...

Spring is coming. So is your buyer! :)

stacey said...

Ha ha! I guess those buyers were believers in "You never know unless you ask". I agree that your buyer is out there. I hope they come soon so you can get settled into your new home and put all the stress behind you.

Wennndy said...

What Stacey said! And your buyer IS out there.

Blog Archive