Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hungry

In fact, starving today.  What’s up with that?  I know…vigorous exercise & potential fat loss.  Yay (she says, trying to remain optimistic). 

 

If you saw my facebook postings today I had jury duty.  I reported & went through most of the void dire but was excused without cause by the defense.  Dwayne Boone of Beverly, NJ was indicted for witness tampering in a 2008 case.  I think it’s a privilege to be a part of our judicial system.  Maybe if I didn’t get paid for the day I might feel differently.  I was bummed to be excused.  I decided it was the “right thing to do” to come to the office instead of taking a day off.  

 

Today was leg day—I got up & came to the gym before work.  Had a good long workout & still managed to be ready to get to the courthouse before 8:00 AM.

 

Straight sets

Plie squats – 95 lbs

 

Romanian deads – 85 lbs

 

Superset

 

Step ups – 20/15 lbs

Leaning lunges 25/20 lbs

 

Box jumps using 8 risers & the platform.

 

I wanted to lift heavier but wanted to be able to walk tomorrow.  Last week my leg work left me sore for 4 days.  I do think my sinus infection might have had something to do with how long it took to recover.  But just in case I went a little lighter than I did last week. 

 

I did ab crunches & Russian twists on the ball & 3 – 60 second planks. 

 

Finished up with 45 minutes of 2 to 1 minute intervals on the ARC trainer; the tension was at 25 but the incline was at default.  I love that machine but am trying to mix up my cardio.  Some steady state, some intervals, some tabata & functional stuff. 

 

I have been amiss with my nutrition.  I had an extra carb last night.  I got hungry after dinner – before bed & had an English muffin.  It was YUMMY.  It was not a smart move.  Today I had to go to the commissary.  I bought some nuts.  I found chipotle cashews.  OH MY GOD!  I had to put the can in my drawer & lock it to keep from eating it anymore. 

 

Not that it’s an excuse – I just realized it’s hormonal hunger not real hunger.  Have to learn to control that & not let it rule my hand-to-mouth disease. 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive