Friday, July 17, 2009

Healthier choices

Tracy is going to lunch on Sunday with some of her friends. We played a little today to find some place local that neither of us had tried. We found Seasons 52 has just opened a new restaurant in Cherry Hill. They tout a "healthier" choice.

Look at their nutritional information. Their meal choices may contain 475 or few calories but the sodium is crazy. There is one item that has over 2013 mg! WTH???

I did legs tonight. I increased my squats up to 80 lbs but I have to admit it was 4x8s tonight.

I am feeling DOMS in my back tonight! I must have done something right last night.

Tomorrow I'll do an hour of cardio.

I was bad tonight--3 slices of pizza. I'm paying for it now. My belly hurts. Too much food.

2 comments:

Wennndy said...

I downloaded an awesome app for my iPhone by "shroomies" called Nutrition Menu. It lists menus and basic nutrition info about almost every chain restaurant in the US. It's pretty shocking to see how awful most of the food is in most places, but it's super helpful in making better choices (cuz when eating out there usually are no GOOD choices due to the fact in restaurants it's about taste and not health). To figure the protein grams you have to be able to do some math but I don't worry 'bout that too much as you can sorta tell by glancing at the fat/carb grams without having to get out your calculator.

For instance, at Ruby's I always get the petite sirloin with a double portion of green beans as my side, or a broccoli/green beans combo. As my portion size is a mere 2.5 ounces, I end up eating half the steak and bringing the rest home for a second meal. I would get chicken breast, however they don't have it on their regular menu and after speaking with a waitress, I would be worried about how it might turn out. :-P

Anonymous said...

The Seasons restaurants are FABULOUS. I mean, seriously f-ing great food (I have been to the one in Atlanta a bunch of times). It's pretty clean but the calorie count adds up really fast! Still better than the majority of restaurants, though.

Blog Archive